Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The theory of gravity is just a theory..not a fact

I try to keep an open mind about religious people, but then I read articles like this one . "Intelligent design" is being taught as an alternative to evolution in public schools.

This quotes a keeper:

"There's only one creator, and it has to be God," said Rebecca Cashman, 16, a sophomore at Dover High. She frowned when asked to recollect what she learned about evolution at school last year. "Evolution -- is that the Darwin theory?" Cashman shook her head. "I don't know just what he was thinking!"

Sigh. The folks on the school board who voted against it resigned in protest

...and this is why i can't keep an open mind about religion. And of course, people on the right scream that I'm a hypocrite. Liberals talk about tolerance and keeping an open mind, but here I am saying that their view is wrong. They're right. It is hypocritical. Liberals need to stand up and call people on their bullshit. All beliefs aren't created equal.



1 Comments:

Blogger shannon said...

Now I'm totally depressed. Does this mean the bubonic plague is coming back, too? Ugh.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home